Thursday, July 3, 2008

Boys are weaksauce.

I just got off the morning train ride into the city. It isn't one of my favorite parts of the day. No matter what the temp outside, the train is sweltering with body heat. Why bother ironing, I promise that you'll just get off BART with the wrinkles steamed right back in. This time, with stinky people heat..good luck getting that out.
Anyway, I was sitting near two guys and was of course, eavesdropping. I originally started to listen in because one guy was cute. He had a whole Matt Damon thing going on. He wasn't spectacular until he smiled...and then woah..here come the dimples. Anyway, I noticed they were talking about relationships.
Matt was counseling his roommate on what is going on in that guy's life with his girlfriend. Guy # 2 was all angsty because his girlfriend told him she wanted to see other people. He wasn't the best looking dude...kinda nerdy in a sweet way. His mommy probably still washes his underpants. That kinda guy.
So Guy 2 tells Matt that girlfriend tells him she wants to date other people..and he says "Well, go ahead, there's nothing I can do about it. " And then girlfriend got mad at him.
First of all..have a spine. There is something you can do. Tell her no. Tell her that you're such good stuff that you won't wait around. If she wants to date other people..cool. Tell her you will too. And then it comes out that they haven't even been dating long.
uggh.
Then he goes "I don't have any power. I don't want any really, but I don't want her to just use me like this."
OMG. I felt like I was listening in on some teenage girl. But it gets better. Cute, Matt Damon guy says "Dude, I don't have any power in my relationship. She's way too emotionally unstable for me to take any control."
WHHhhhaaaaaaTTT????
What is the world coming to when boys who look like movie stars are dating girls with emotional issues?!? Because they have to or something.
Boys these days need a kick in the pants. Don't they get it that nice boys are valuable these days? I don't even like overconfident boys. Give me a nice, Matt Damon boy any day.
So, just before we get off the train, Matt looks at Guy 2 and asks "Are you seeing her this weekend?" and Dude says..."yeah."

No comments: