Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Cookie Theory

I made some chocolate chip cookies!


Sorry for the blurry picture. I guess I was really excited to eat one.


(Check out my Football Club Kaiserslautern cup! I got it at my first and only German soccer game. They were like baseball cards...full of beer.)


Anyway, so I thought that on the occasion of baking cookies, I should tell you all about the cookie theory.


It all started in college. Honestly, I don't remember the day I first said it, but I instantly knew it was fact. Every woman I shared it with started out laughing, but by the end..it makes perfect sense.


I determined that I like my cookies just like I like my men. Now, before we all get pervy...this is personality we are talking about ladies. Geez, I'm gunna turn the hose on you guys.


Just like with men, a cookie's looks can be deceiving. Who hasn't accepted a beautiful cookie from a fancy plate, only to discover it isn't as tasty as it looks? Or, what about those horrible looking little rock cookies that are delicious?


For my purposes, I like to think of my men as chocolate chip cookies.



  • They should be a little crunchy around the edges, but not too hard. That makes it too tough to enjoy them.

  • They should be soft in the center, but not all gooey. That will for sure make you sick.

I like to think of the chips as the sweet things they do for you.



  • Too many sweet bits and it gets a bit overwhelming. I mean, just how much sweet can one woman take?

  • Not enough chips makes you feel cheated. Everyone else's cookie seems to have sweet bits...where are yours?

So I suppose this points out that I'm looking for that perfectly balanced man..or cookie.


I think this applies to our behavior with cookies/men also. A girl should not have too many...they lose their excitement and leave you feeling guilty about the number. And I think you shouldn't have too few cookies either. I'm not saying it's not okay to be a one cookie/man kinda girl...but every cookie is different too...


Once you find that perfect cookie/man, you're satisfied, and you couldn't ask for another thing. Then it's your turn to break out the smug and dust the crumbs off your fingers.


Think about it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. You have never told me this theory. I totally see what you are talking about.