Saturday, April 11, 2009

Green Acres

I know I'm supposed to hate the place I grew up.

I'm well aware that it can be intolerant of differences of any kind. I remember that there isn't anything to do ever. I always hated having to travel out of town to get...well, anything!

But it's hard to remember all of that when I spent the day hanging out with my Grandma and my dog. Then I went to Walmart, where everything could be found in one store, and for about $2 cheaper than anywhere in the city.

It's hard to hate it when I saw my uncle this morning and we compared tattoos standing on the lawn. Yes, a LAWN. Made of grass. Green grass. And strangely located right in front of their house.

Another thing...I wore flip flops today. My toes were so happy.

So, when I am just visiting, it's hard to remember what is so bad about this quiet little town, with all it's trees and lawns. Perhaps my senses are clouded by the sun on my toes and the soft serve ice cream I ate an hour ago in the sun.

Have a happy weekend everyone....reality will set in soon enough!

No comments: