Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The list

I started a post about how I'm currently wallowing in self pity..I actually got pretty far. But I'm terrible at wallowing. I simply cannot be negative for longer than an hour. I can start out feeling really sorry for myself, and without even trying, it turns itself into a resolve to do what it takes to make myself not feel this way.
Right now, that means telling all of you what is fantastic in my life.
1. My job is great. It's not easy, but I work with a group of good people, and one of my co-workers makes me struggle not to pee my pants laughing at least once per day.
2. I just got a fantastic new apartment! It's got a nice big bedroom, it's in a great area of the city, and my new roommate seems pretty great. And she's got a sweet cat, so I get someone to snuggle!
3. I'm finally in a place where there are things to do. If I want to go to a movie, I can just go. If I want to go out for a drink, woo hoo. If I want ice cream at 11 pm, chances are good that I can do that too.
4. I just joined a gym. I'm intimidated/excited about it. I have a personal trainer! How cool is that?
5. My best friends are just that. The best! I could not have revamped my life without them. They are always here for me, and each of them knows what to do in my different times of need. Thanks to Sarah W for kicking my ass last night. I needed a little tough love.

So I've got a lot going for me. Stay tuned for "The List" part 2, where I will detail all the things that I'm looking for in Mr. Perfect. Based not only on my own experience, but on the general discussion of stupid boy things going on in my office.
Ciao!

No comments: